Robinlovers Forum  

Go Back   Robinlovers Forum > All about Robin Guitars > Show Us Your Robin

Old 09-06-2017, 05:15 PM

Default My latest acquisition

Hello all. I am new not only to the forum, but also to the world of Robin guitars as well. I have made my entre into this world with an almost cherry 1985 Artisan. I have e-mailed Dave Wintz to confirm, but from what I gather it is #52. It's a Cherry Burst. I think someone added trapezoid inlays at one time as I could not find another with traps but if that was the case someone did a fine job of it as I can see nothing that indicates it was poorly done. It looks factory. Maybe someone here would know if one or a few were given these inlays. The top looks sweet maybe 6 or 7 piece but very well matched. The craftsmanship put into this guitar is top-notch. It is put together so well and is light and comfortable in my hands. This may be the best feeling guitar I have ever played. I just picked it up yesterday and after cleaning it up and re-stringing it I have logged several hours on it already. This one's a keeper!

P. S. - Note to admin. Would love to attach pictures to my post but when I attempt to it says there is some type of content error and the page cannot be reached. More specifically:
This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://robinlovers.com/forum/newatta...1e8ccedd4d95d1 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Last edited by O. Delacroix; 09-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:36 PM

Sorry to hear you're having a problem. If you'll email the pics to me ( smitty@robinlovers.com ) I'll get them posted for you.

Welcome to Robinlovers!
Smitty
Old 09-07-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a problem. If you'll email the pics to me ( smitty@robinlovers.com ) I'll get them posted for you.

Welcome to Robinlovers!
Smitty
Same here it's been like this for a while now what's up??
Old 09-08-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Welcome to Robinlovers!
Smitty
Done. Sent them the other night. Let me know if you received them.

thanks again!
Old 09-13-2017, 05:39 AM

Default hi again

I was stoked to find once I started doing my homework that there was a forum dedicated to these fantastic guitars. Now I guess I'm a bit disappointed to find that the lights seem to be all but out here. Is it just this discussion that is suffering this fate or are bulletin board style forums going the way of the dodo much as things do so often in this world? I will continue my quest for knowledge. It's amazing to me that there are a total of 0 videos, demo or otherwise, on YouTube currently about the Robin Artisan. I guess I will try to make one. I just want to get folks talking about these guitars because they really are great and moreover I want to learn. There is so little info out there right now.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:51 AM

Sorry for the delay and the issues posting pictures. I'll try to figure out why uploading pics isn't working in a couple days.

Smitty
Old 09-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Default Nice Artisan

Sweet guitar....!

Nice inlay mod...!

Take a look at some of the American Artisans we made....
Old 09-13-2017, 09:21 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:

Sorry for the delay and the issues posting pictures. I'll try to figure out why uploading pics isn't working in a couple days.

Smitty
No worries. Not much of a photographer and took the pics with my "comes free with a 2 year contract" phone. It gives you the idea of what I'm working with though.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:32 PM

Default Sure is!

You bet, and you of all people would know. I think that might be a first for me. Never had the guy responsible for the manufacture of one of my instruments ever admire one of 'em. Pretty cool. It's marked #0052 in sharpie inside the control cavity so I guess that would make it the 52nd in the run? Also you answered my question about the inlays being a mod somewhere along the line. Someone went the distance to make this one very LP like. So much so that they even put Gibson pups in. In that regard I would like to return it more to stock. I like open faced zebras and I never really cared for chrome covers. Are the original pups still made and are they commercially available?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:01 AM

Default One of those "USA" Models....