Robinlovers Forum  

Go Back   Robinlovers Forum > All about Robin Guitars > Robins Wanted For Sale

Old 10-05-2018, 11:41 PM

Default Robin Medley for sale owned by Tim Kelly

I've decided to sell my Robin Medley formerly owned by Tim Kelly of Slaughter. Before I bought it, i contacted Mark Slaughter and let him know about the guitar who replied it was legit. That screenshot is also included in the pics here.

The guitar when I bought it was stripped down to bare wood with a clear coat on it. (these pictures are included here) The headstock had the logo sanded off as well. Being as it was sanded off, I decided to do something unique.

I was able to meet the band in Aug of 1997, 6 months prior to Tim's passing. I was able to get autographs from all the members. I had my autograph taken to a local print shop, who scanned it digitally and turned it into a decal for me, to which I affixed on the headstock as a tribute in 2010.

I also had the body repainted by Guitar Paint Guys an orange color. When I took the neck off the body to send it off for painting i noticed in the neck pocket it says NAMM 90 inside. So, apparently this guitar was at one point built for a NAMM show in 1990! Another hidden gem about it

I was able to take the guitar backstage of a Slaughter show in 2015 and Mark and Dana flipped when they saw it. Dana said he even knew it was his stencil used on the case because of a particular blemish in the stencil. Both of them signed the guitar case and enjoyed getting to see one of Tim's Axes

Ive enjoyed owning the guitar refinishing it and putting it back in working order. I however have become a neck snob, and quite literally don't play it. Its a fast, thin neck. I like more chunk.

Currently the guitar is loaded with Dimarzio pickups, stew mac tremolo with brass block, EVH speed pots and metal dome knobs. Original tuners are on the guitar and included is the original bridge from the guitar and a set of EMG pickups that came installed with the guitar along with an unmarked middle single coil pickup. . If you have any questions, please ask.

Price is $1900 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Pics are located at the link below.

https://imgur.com/a/tQO6Ahb
Old 10-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kizanski Send a message via MSN to Kizanski

Cool story. The headstock decal was a clever touch.
Good luck with the sale.