Robinlovers Forum  

Go Back   Robinlovers Forum > All about Robin Guitars > Robins Wanted For Sale

Old 10-13-2017, 04:23 PM

Default Very Rare Robin USA Artisan Prototype

I bought this 2009 Robin USA Artisan Prototype NOS back in 2013 from Infinity Guitars, a former Robin dealer in Houston, Texas.

This guitar has a swamp ash body with a big, comfortable Fakimba neck and a stunning cherry transparent finish. It weighs only 7 lbs. 5 oz. (The weight was listed in the original ad and I have never verified it but it feels great and is definitely not heavy.)

According to Infinity (and I believe I talked to Dave Wintz about this as well) this is one of only three Artisans made in this configuration – without a maple cap.

The original Rio Grande Texas Barbeque pickup set (BBQ Bucker Bridge and Genuine Texas Neck) was replaced with a set of Peter Florance Voodoo ‘59s. You can have it this way or I can change back to the Rio set if you choose. They both sound awesome in this guitar.

There is a finish crack on the back of the headstock visible in one of the photos. This is in the clear coat only and has not changed since I have owned the guitar.

Comes with a TKL SG-sized hardshell case in nearly new condition. Artisans are slightly wider than SGs to the guitar fits but does not fully seat down in the case. Other than that the case fits fine and protects the guitar fully.

Schaller strap lock buttons are installed now but the originals are in the case pocket.

I have another USA Artisan that gets all of the play time while this one lives in the case. Grab this before I come to my senses and decide to keep it!

$1600.00 OBO PayPal’d and shipped in CONUS. No trades, please.

Tags
artisan, prototype, usa